Total Pageviews

About Me

Kolkata, West bengal, India

Followers

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yawning Gap Between MRP and Actual Selling Price!


While purchasing an Essential Energy Saver CFL lamp (18W,CM/L9581293,Mfd.July,2012) of your make(Philip, India} from a local shop I was astonished to find the yawning gap between the MRP printed on the carton and the price I was asked to pay for a piece of lamp.I paid only Rs.155.0(without bargaining, of course) while the MRP mentoned was as high as Rs.215.(inclusive of all taxes).I fail to make out why the MRP stated so differ from the actual selling price of the lamp.It makes way for different dealers selling the same lamp at different prices.I think if I could survey the market, I could perhaps purchase the lamp even at lower price.On the other hand, an unsuspecting customer could even buy this lamp at MRP stated on the carton from an unscrupulous dealer and be duped.Any easily gullible customer could consider himself lucky even if the lamp is sold to him at Rs.200.0.I'm sorry to say you people have paved the way for wide spread corruption by fixing the MRP of lamps (may be for other products also) so high compared to the actual selling prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment